Saturday 11 May 2013

Boot Sale Plastic Horde

So, Yesterday I went to the In-Laws house and was surprised at what I was given, Made to close my eyes and hear my Mother-in Law ask the Missus "Do you think He'll like these?"
To my surprise I was handed a large carrier bag full of 1:76 and 1:72 soft plastic soldiers, Ancient Britons, Prussian Landwehr, ACW and best of all loads of Airfix and Esci WW2, so last night was  spent sorting the wheat from the chaff (or the WW2 from the others)
So far I have sorted the colours out into piles and will sub categorize from there, a daunting task as many identical bits appear in different colours.

The WW2 sorted by colour -



And the non-WW2





Something to do while listening to Audio Dramas then, I'll further update this post when I work out what is there but as for now I can see - DAK, Italian Mountain Troops, British in Burma, U.S. Infantry, U.K, U.S. and German Paratroops, Japanese and a few 8th Army

Hope to see you again soon


Mike

4 comments:

  1. You lucky lucky ........
    if you´re going to throw the "chaff" out I´m sureI can find a good home for them ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Most odds and ends will become painting practice and arm/head swaps, but there is not enough of any one thing to make a significant unit or even a small dio (although I am becoming quite partial to the Airfix prussian Landwehr)

      Delete
  2. looks like you have a fair amount of Napoleonic soldiers, and do i see a cannon wheel? Good loot eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you have a fair amount of Napoleonic soldiers, and do i see a cannon wheel? Good loot eh.

    ReplyDelete